In 2012, Google served almost 30 billion ad impressions per day! That is a TON of impressions. But, do these impressions matter? From a business standpoint do display ads work? There has been a lot of negative press about the effectiveness of display ads, so, in today’s episode, Tobaria and Aaron address this myth and talk about what you can do to make your display ad campaigns successful.
The Marketing Myths Podcast is available where you listen to podcasts!
We would appreciate it if you’d rate and recommend our podcast.
Quarter 1, 2018:
- Average CTR: 0.35%
- Average CPM: $2.80
- Average CPC: $0.75
How to Use Display Ads Effectively
- Start with remarketing
- Create ads in EVERY size
- Google ad sizes: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/6002621?hl=en
- Create your own ads with Google’s help:
- Log in to your Google account at www.adwords.google.com.
- Go to the campaign where you’ll be running the new ad and click the ‘Ads’ tab.
- Click ‘New Ad’ and then select Display Ad Builder.
- Customize and save your ad.
- Create ads that are simple, visual, & have a strong call to action
- Give your display campaigns some love
- spend time each week evaluating your account, scraping through data, adjusting bids, restructuring campaigns, tweaking under-performing ads, and the list goes on.
- Be smart about your targeting
Exclude mobile games so you aren’t wasting impressions on accidental clicks and kids. Read how here: https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2018/08/02/google-ads-mobile-app-exclusions