In this episode of the Marketing Myths Podcast, Tobaria and Aaron tackle the myth that LinkedIn is the best network to reach professionals. Listen in and give your feedback on Facebook or Twitter.
Is LinkedIn the best social network to reach professionals? Is there a better option? If you use LinkedIn as a channel to attract new business, this episode for you. Tobaria and Aaron talk through the pros and cons of LinkedIn and provide other options.
Find the Marketing Myths Podcast on your favorite podcast platform:
Apple Podcasts: Coming SOON!
Google Podcasts: Coming SOON!
- 562 million LinkedIn users
- 41% of millionaires use LinkedIn
- 61 million LinkedIn users are senior-level decision makers
- 87 million Millennials are on LinkedIn
- 11 million Millennials are in decision-making roles
- LinkedIn has 260 million monthly active users (MAUs)
- 91% of marketing executives list LinkedIn as the top place to find quality content
- LinkedIn makes up more than 50% of all social traffic to B2B websites & blogs.
- Facebook has 2.2 billion MAUs
- 1.4 billion DAUs
- 83% of women use Facebook
- 75% of men use Facebook
- 18-29: 88%
- 30-49: 84%
- 50-64: 72%
- 65+: 62%
Monthly Active Users
- Facebook 2.2 billion
- YouTube: 1.9 billion
- WhatsApp: 1.5 billion
- FB Messenger: 1.3 billion
- WeChat: 1.058 billion
- Instagram: 1 billion
- Twitter: 335 million
- Reddit: 330 million
- LinkedIn: 303 million
- Snapchat: 291 million
NOTE: In the episode, Aaron mentioned that LinkedIn has less MAUs that Snapchat. Depending on the source, this may not be the case. However, LinkedIn has been notoriously tight-lipped about their user numbers, so many numbers found online are unreliable.
LinkedIn launched retargeting in April 2017 (https://www.ere.net/linkedin-launches-retargeting/)
Facebook launched retargeting in November 2012 (https://leadsbridge.com/infographic-history-facebook-ads/)
Twitter launched retargeting in June 2014 (https://resources.audiense.com/blog/the-evolution-history-of-advertising-on-twitter)
Cost of Reaching 1,000 People
- LinkedIn: $8.39 (https://blog.adstage.io/2017/09/19/linkedin-cpc-increase-2017)
- Facebook: $0.25 (https://nuancedmedia.com/cost-reach-1000-people/)
Cost per Click
- LinkedIn: $6.50 (https://blog.adstage.io/2017/09/19/linkedin-cpc-increase-2017)
- Facebook: $1.72 (https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2017/02/28/facebook-advertising-benchmarks)