1. Creative images must be clear, recognizable, and relevant.
2. Text appearing in the ad must be legible.
3. Creatives must occupy the entire space of the chosen image size.
4. Creatives cannot appear sideways or upside down.
5. Ads cannot appear to be more than one ad. They cannot be segmented or contain multiple copies of themselves within the ad.
6. Creatives with partially black or white backgrounds must include a visible border of a contrasting color to the majority background color of the ad.
7. Creative file size is recommended to be 150 KB or smaller — this applies to both first and third-party ads.
8. Creatives must open a new page on click; they cannot open in the same page.
9. Animated ads are restricted to a maximum of 15 seconds of looping, after which point they must remain static.
10. In-banner video creatives can be in flash or HTML5 format with a 50 KB maximum file load and a 2 MB load for the secondary file.
11. There is no length limit for click-to-start video ads, but the video should immediately go to the landing page upon completion.
12. For auto-start video ads, there is a 15-second limit. Audio should not be heard unless initiated by a mouse-over. Video should be backstopped by a static 300×250 that should click through to a landing page.
13. All in-banner video ads must include the play, pause, mute, and unmute controls.