R.E.D. Shirt Friday is TOMORROW, and we, at KeyMedia Solutions are excited to participate! Join us in showing support for all service members deployed by participating in R.E.D. (Remember Everyone Deployed) Shirt Friday on February 26th. Wearing red is a small way to remind those serving and their families that they are in our thoughts and we are grateful for their service.
R.E.D. Shirt Day is Personal for KeyMedia Solutions
KeyMedia feels a strong connection to R.E.D. Shirt day. For us, wearing red not only means supporting our service members but supporting our fellow teammate, Jake Stingley. We are deeply grateful for the sacrifice he and his family are making to protect our nation. We miss Jake every day but know his lightheartedness and good-humored conversations are brightening the lives of those around him. Jake is currently on a one-year deployment overseas, and we cannot wait until he returns home. We will honor his selflessness by wearing red this Friday and by finding ways to support service members in our communities throughout the year.
Additional ways to celebrate R.E.D. Shirt Friday
If you feel inclined to participate and would like to show your support for those deployed and their families, here are a few suggestions provided to us by the South Dakota Office of the Adjunct General.
- Encourage your coworkers, friends, family, and classmates to wear red on Friday, February 26th.
- Send a card or letter to an entire unit.
- Create a banner or video from your organization to send to the unit.
- Check-in with the family of a deployed service member.
- Provide a meal or care package for the family of a deployed service member.
- Use the hashtag #RememberEveryoneDeployed when posting your pictures to social media sites.
- Send a picture of your company to email@example.com, and they may share your photo on their social media platforms.
- Support the South Dakota Veteran’s Home in Hot Springs or a veteran service organization in your community.
For more information and additional ways to participate contact, Maj. Lona Christensen, S.D. ESGR program director, at (605) 737-6540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.