About 79% of the U.S. population is on social media. As a business, this is a great place to reach your current and potential customers. While having a presence on social media is important, if you aren’t using it right, you may be missing an opportunity. Ready to “maximize” your social channels? See our tips below and then sign up for your personalized social media audit.
Consistency is Key
Whichever platform(s) you choose, it’s important to be consistent with your branding, tone of voice and writing style. Your social media is an extension of your brand and your company, make sure your posts and imagery reflect your brand values.
- Social media is just that – social. You’re having a conversation with your “friends.” Write posts like you are talking face-to-face. But remember, it’s not you, it’s your company you are speaking for.
- Set up a brand guideline for everyone on your team that posts. This will ensure everyone is on the same page and using a similar tone and voice.
While social is conversational, don’t just throw anything out there. Post with a purpose and goal in mind.
- Ask questions to engage followers and engage them back by liking or responding to comments.
- Build up big events, new properties, special deals, and promotions.
- Use images and video. The human brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster and is more likely to retain visual.
- If you link or hashtag your post, make sure it makes sense. Don’t just link to link or #BecauseYouCan.
- Always have a clear call-to-action that encourages users to engage with your brand, as well as the post.
Plan your work and work your plan! A content calendar is your best friend. It’s an easy way to organize, plan and keep voice consistency across all of your posts.
- Don’t use the same content on every channel. Think about the platform and create content that works specifically for it. For example, don’t post a bunch of text on Instagram, a very visual social network.
- Be flexible. Leave room for your content calendar to change throughout the month. Respond to timely events and review your posts so you aren’t talking about rainy day deals when the sun is shining.
Start maximizing your social media and your time! Download our FREE Content Calendar Template.
Stop the Scroll
The average attention span is just 8 seconds. That means you have even less time to capture attention on social media. Users are scrolling through feeds at a rapid pace and if your post doesn’t stand out, it will most likely get missed.
- Use high-quality, authentic imagery. Avoid generic stock photos as much as possible.
- Have a clear focus. If your image has too much going on, people will keep moving on. Find unique angles and different ways to showcase your products and services.
- Don’t forget the importance of headlines and copy. Users are glancing not reading. Stop them with a catchy headline, question or engaging copy.
Let us help you get the most out of your social efforts with a personalized social media audit offered exclusively by the digital experts at KeyMedia Solutions.